THE SEVEN STEP LADDER LEADING TO BRAHMA GNANA AS envisaged BY VIDHURA.
THE FIRST FIVE STEPS ARE:
- VIVEKAM meaning kaya shuddhi which includes punitha neeraduthal, visiting kshetras, bathing in punya theerthas.
- VIMOHAM to reduce if not avoid considerably earthly pleasures of kama, artha
- ABHYAASAM leading to vairagyam repeated process of fixing our thoughts on the feet of Perumal./ ishta devatha
- KRIYA doing karmaas as coded in the sastras,that begin with sandhya vandhanam, gayathri japam, tharpanam, pancha maha yagyam, sraardham
- KALYANA speaking truth, to be straightforward, say what you mean, give deserving people, brahmacharyam
- let us dedicate ourselves to understanding the first five steps before we step into the sixth step.